Simple Workouts You Can Do Without A Gym
People tend to think you need a lot of time, money and a fancy gym to exercise. This is not always true! Here are five basic exercises that can be done from your office, home or where ever you are!
1) Walking – If you have stairs in your home, go up and down them a few times. Instead of waiting for the elevator, take the stairs. If you take a bus or train, get off a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way. Whenever possible, just walk! It’s a great way to help tone up your legs.
2) Jumping Jacks – This calisthenic exercise works out your shoulders, back, thighs and calves. Start in a standing position with your feet together and your arms relaxed by your side. When you jump, move your feet apart until they are wider than your shoulders, while at the same time raising your arms over your head. Then jump back into starting position.
3) Leg lifts – This exercise can be done from sitting on a chair at your desk. Sit upright in the chair while lifting your legs until they are at a straight angle towards your hips. Lower your legs slowly and stop about 3 inches off of the floor. Hold your legs steady for about 2 seconds and then repeat.
4) Squats – Knowing how to do squats properly can firm up your butt and legs rapidly. Stand with your legs evenly apart while keeping your toes, hips and knees in a straight line. Slowly lower your body as if you were going to sit in a chair, bending the knees. Hold the position for 2 seconds and then return to starting position. Then repeat 10-15 times for an intense work out.
5) Dancing – Besides being lots of fun, dancing has many great health benefits. You will gain flexibility, strength, endurance and a sense of well being just by throwing on your favorite tunes and getting your dance on!